First, I decided to look DNA up in Webster’s. Aside from the scientific definition, it stated: The set of nongenetic traits, qualities, or features that characterize a person or thing. What makes Chic-a unique and special as a business? Hmmm, that is a lot to think about — and I have come up with some ideas.
I look at the DNA of Chic-a as being the root or backbone of our Mission, Vision and Goals. What makes Chic-a, Chic-a? What are the things that are a given and unchangeable in the world of Chic-a? Here is my list — with short explanations, because each really could be at least a page long:
- Faith: Faith in God, in the ideas, in the business and faith to keep it going!
- Giving: Chic-a wants to give back, to help. Give time and resources to help the community and
- Integrity: Honesty is the only policy.
- Quality: High product standards, well made and look great.
- Functionality: Each product serves a purpose and function. Designed with intention.
- Fun: Bright colors, happy prints, smiles.
- People: Family and Friends, Manufacturer and Stitchers, Service Providers, Customers and Users. There would be no Chic-a without people!
The Chic-a DNA is woven together and interacts with one another. These form the structure or filter for business at Chic-a. Ah, the Chic-a DNA Ladder… That is about as scientific as I dare get!
Needless to say, DNA is important, actually essential, to life — the life of a business and especially the life of a person. This brings me back to GENiSYSS and what they are up to. Their tag line is “Storing life.” The “life” that GENiSYSS is talking about is DNA — that of a living thing, not a business.
“GENiSYSS has developed an easy way to store both the priceless memories and the ‘whole’ person by combining digital memory storage (similar to a thumb drive) with DNA room-temperature storage.”
This device will allow me to store my personal DNA along with whatever other information I want, such as pictures, family and medical history, all in one spot. Then if for some reason I need to access this information, I have it. On the GENiSYSS website, it lists several areas this information may become useful such as family tree, genealogy, medical history and child safety. I think this is a super product, and we have already ordered the Child Safety/Family Vault at the product launch on indiegogo.
This is a very functional and practical use of new technology. Actually, this fits into Chic-a’s DNA, too, under functionality. How Cool is That!